2013-02-06 - Understanding Infrastructure Configurations In An Enterprise
Wednesday 6 February 2013
Presentation lead by CMSG Committee Member David Cuthbertson.
We are pleased to welcome BICSI Europe "Pub club" visitors! Please note that there will be one CEC (Continuing Education Credit) available to BICSI members.
It is not easy to understand end to end impact of changes in technical infrastructure comprising data centres, networks, servers, storage, virtualization, applications, firewalls, etc. Each technical team typically develops their own approach and systems to managing their knowledge of infrastructure – often creating large numbers of spreadsheets! Its good practice to have a baseline before considering a change task, but how do you get a baseline across multiple locations and technologies?
Robert Cowham and David Cuthbertson (both CMSG committee members) will show how configuration management principles can reduce the workload and effort maintaining infrastructure documentation. Ideal for those either directly involved in IT infrastructure, or interested in the areas where it impacts their own work. Areas to be covered:
- Data centres, networks, inventory, cabling, hardware and virtual build configurations.
- Mapping dependencies between physical infrastructure, hardware, applications and services and the supporting diagramming needs.
- Supporting change process needs for projects, operations and risk management.
The session will be about 75 minutes with time for questions and discussion. With networking afterwards as part of the normal BCS CMSG hospitality.
Time and Location
The presentation is at the BCS London Office, 5 Southampton Street, London WC2E 7HA
The event is free to attend, but prior registration is required for security and catering purposes:
Wednesday 6 February 2013
18:00 - 18:30
|Tea and Coffee|
18:30 - 19:45
19:45 - 21:00
In the event of cancellation the delegates will be told well in advance. BCS reserve the right to cancel any event. BCS is not responsible for hotel or travel costs.
- Upcoming Events
- Conference Home
- Past Events
- 2013-11-12-UK SAM Networking Event
- 2013-10-01 - Building a successful Release Management team
- 2013-09-10 - UK SAM Networking Event
- 2013-08-13 – BrightTalk Webcast - Bringing ITIL Configuration Management Up to Date
- 2013-07-09 – BrightTalk Webcast - International Standards - Software Asset and Configuration Management
- 2013-05-16 - UK SAM Networking Event
- 2013-02-06 - Understanding Infrastructure Configurations In An Enterprise
- 2013-04-25 - Configuration Management In The Data Centre
- 2013-04-09 - Maintaining CMDB accuracy
- 2013-03-12 - UK SAM Networking Event
- 2013-01-31 - BrightTalk Webcast - An Introduction to Configuration Management
- 2013-01-08 - UK SAM Networking Event
- 2012-12-13 Christmas Quiz Night
- AGM and Continuous Integration
- Event Sponsorship
- Register for Updates
- BCS Website